Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Purse cleanup challenge

I helped clean the attic, I cleaned my closet, and now I have cleaned my purse. I actually carry a Vera Bradley backpack, not a purse. I wish I could say I like the backpack for the style, but it is actually for the storage. I have a lot of stuff.


I was surprised by the weight - 4.2 pounds. WOW, it is no wonder my shoulders hurt. I could carry a backpacking pack with ease - but 4.2 pounds is a lot for a purse.

First I emptied everything out - ugh!


I have not totally emptied my purse since 2008 when I was on a cruise and wanted to WIN a contest. I change purses often, but I employ the dump method (you know when you just dump stuff from one bag tot he other). So I emptied it out looking for silly stuff. I had a lot of that! I have always felt organized because my purse has several zippered storage bags. I can find stuff (usually). My pretty storage bag holds things I may need when I am out. If I am going for a walk I will leave it in the car. This is what was in it before I cleaned it out.


After cleaning it out this is what I wanted to put back in the mini bag. One look and I knew I still had too much stuff. I got rid of some more cards and papers - YEAH!


30 minutes later I had pared down the contents of my purse to this (I fed Abbie the Snickers.)


Finally I packed it all back and here is the final project - just 3.4 pounds!


Thanks to Anna over at Ask Anna for her challenge to clean my purse!

5 comments:

  1. Tina that is a GREAT transformation! I can't believe your bag lost almost a pound!!! I'm excited for you, I think this will make your life easier. :)

    BTW I think this background is so much better, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,

    I stopped carrying a purse about a month ago because I couldn't find one I really liked carrying. I'm still on the hunt for that perfect purse, but until then, I will just stuff things into my coat pockets and my large oversized wallet that stays in my car.

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, your new banner looks great! Bravo, and you did it so quickly too:)

    I am following so I don't miss your curriculum post when it comes out. I will b homeschooling my boys for the first time next fall. They will be 6th and 8th and have been at a classical Christian school. I have loved it there, but am really excited about this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina...good job...it's like your bag went to weight watchers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS...love the banner...who ARE those two cute chicks?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.