Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dance

Tonight I went to a ballet class with Abigail. It was mother-daughter dance night. Only one other mother came. I felt a little bad for the 12 girls without parents. Abigail and Morgan may have felt bad that their Mothers showed up.

In 1974 I took ballet. Before that I took tap dancing lessons. I was not good at either - but I liked to dance. Sometime after I started middle school I lost interest in ballet and quit, but picked it up again my freshman year in high school. I am so thankful I had the opportunity to try something and learn it was not for me.

Which brings me to my point. Daughters 1 and 2 wanted to dance but I said no. I had good reasons (I thought) - not enough time, not enough money, not a place to dance. I am glad I stopped listening to the NOTs and listened to the heart of my daughter who wanted to learn ballet.


Maybe one day Abigail will be a famous dancer (like the photo above) - you never know. What I do know is that in 30 years I won't miss the money I spent on lessons and my daughter will have fond memories of getting to try something she REALLY wanted to learn. Synergy at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.