Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Cookies

My son used to be a Cub Scout. This week I graduated from Cub Scouts. I used to be a Cub Scout Pack Committee Member. I used to be the Cub Scout Popcorn Kernel. Now I am the mom of a Boy Scout!


Daniel and Joshua were excited - and a little nervous. I have several photos of the boys and they all look ready to throw up or faint (maybe both?)! The crossover ceremony was great - a big thank you to Greg Arp for his work.


So now that I have a Boy Scout and have graduated, what will I do with all of my free time? As I understand it, Boy Scouts won't require as much of my time. I could put the 2+ hours a week I am getting back to good use and sleep more but most likely I will find numerous activities to fill that time slot.

On another note, I made oatmeal cookies tonight. Instead of butter I used coconut oil. The cookies were TERRIFIC! I used the Quaker Oatmeal cookie recipe and just substituted the butter. Everything else was just as the recipe called for. I highly recommend this substitution for cookies - YUM!

I am working on some lightweight signature swirl shirts tonight - look for photos on Tina's Tie Dye on Facebook. While you are there you can enter the caption contest - it closes on February 28.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the boys on their accomplishments! I thought I was going to be reading about girl scout cookies too...lol...that is what my brain read with the boy scouts in the title!
    Did you get the pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Daniel! And were those the cookies we had the other night? FANTASTIC!!!! So good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.