Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pink Heart Shirts





2 years ago I decided to create a shirt for my friend DJ who was fund raising for a Koman 3 Day walk.  DJ's sister had cancer; so in addition to her regular job, going to school for her masters degree, and taking care of her family, DJ was trying to raise $2,300 for cancer research.  She had a lot on her plate!  This is the shirt I came up with.  For every Pink Heart shirt I sell I donate $5 to DJ's fund raising goal. {You can click on the photo and see DJ's 2008 team.  If you click on THAT photo it will take you to her personal page.}

I really love this shirt!  The colors make me happy and the heart helps remind me of all the love in the world.  I am so grateful that I have a skill that can be put to good use helping others. 

Last year I made the team shirt and DJ had their name silk screened on them.  Don't they look great?  

Breast Friends Forever Team  
This year I am not just making Pink Heart shirts to help DJ, I am going to Washington, DC, in September to be a 3 Day Walk crew member.  I am so excited!

2 comments:

  1. I am a new follower. Love the name... love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are up and running just fine...I may be coming to you for advice on blogging!!! :)I LOVE your name...very creative and very YOU!! I'm going to add you to my sidebar so that I will remember to come and read...:-)Oh, I signed on as a follower too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.