Friday, January 21, 2011

Confessions


I am a homeschool mom of 4.  I used to sew my daughters and me matching jumpers and there was a time when I wore white Ked shoes with white roll down socks to accessorize my “homeschool mom” look (and yes, we sometimes still dress in matching outfits.) I had three homebirths and breastfeed all of my children long past their 1st birthday.  Years ago I sold Tupperware. I look really organized, but often I am not.  Try as I might, I am usually late. Oh, and some days I yell at my children.   I don’t make homemade bread every week (some weeks I don’t cook at all.)

My family and I don't usually dress alike anymore :)

 I say all this so you know that I am not perfect.  My children are not perfect.   My house is not perfect (I have to admit that I while I rarely dust, my kitchen is very sanitary.) I will like you if you are not perfect.  I won’t try to one up you with the perfectness of my children (because they are not perfect.)

Please give me the same courtesy.  Maybe your child did get a perfect SAT score, walked at 7 months, potty trained at 12 months, was voted most likely to be a millionaire by 21, and ran a marathon.  I am happy for them.  That said, you don’t have to go on and on and on about your perfect children to the point that I (and other moms) feel, well, shall I say - less than average.  We are all moms who happen to have wonderful children. Let’s enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh...I remember the junmper and keds days...kinda glad they are a distant memory fo rme! :-) Great photo of your family...did you have Zuess Take it?
    And Amen to the let them be kids and let's enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.