Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Messy

Yesterday I decided that since I was cleaning up my blog, it was time to clean up the attic playroom/family room. What an undertaking. If you are squeamish I would suggest you not look the photos too closely, you may feel faint. I began working at 7:30 AM.

I have to confess, that the photo above was taken after I moved boxes and furniture so I would have access to Daniel's corner. I brought up 3 of my tie dye tubs from the basement and got to work sorting. The next photo shows what happens after 2 hours of hard work by a Mom on a mission.

My first breakthrough came when I got the weapons into one pile.

Just before our lunch break, I paused to catch my breath and take another photo. It was really looking a lot better!

My final job before lunch break was organizing one of the attic book areas. I started by taking a last photo of the book mess and then moving the bookshelf!

After lunch I snapped this lovely photo - can you see the progress? I was refreshed and ready to move on to the legos!

Daniel and I worked a while longer and then I took a break to pick up my daughter. She had managed to avoid the cleaning so far - don't tell her but her corner is next! In moving Daniel's area around I decided that the treadmill would fit over by the play area - so Tim moved it for me (thanks Honey).

Finally Daniel's play area is organized. You'll notice in the next photo that there are toys and books under the couch. This is Abigail's corner. That is my next project.

Daniel can now play and FIND things. I am teaching him the following mantra, "A place for everything and everything has a place." All that is left is for me to get out my label maker and label each tub. I'll keep you posted on the rest of the cleaning and organizing.

3 comments:

  1. I love the weapons pile. That doesn't include the stock-pile in his room. A real 2nd amendment guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina thanks for your comments on my blog! I will definitely make my links so they open in a new window.

    I love this attic clean up, you did a great job! Now for the blog review. I like you site, however I'd suggest changing the background. I think the grass theme (at the top) doesn't really go with the tie dye. I'd suggest a solid color. Also it looks like you have a store, maybe go to a 3 column layout and feature some of your items on one of the side columns. Good luck!

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHHHH...The famous Rice Nerf Arsensal! You accomplished alot...it looks fantastic. When Daniel masters the A Place for Everything...can he please teach it to the Keen boys???
    I like the pink background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.