Monday, July 11, 2011

I abhor ticks!

Years ago when Daniel was about 4 he would say every Tuesday (that is our homeschool co-op day), "I HATE CO-OP!" Being the good mother that I am I told him that hate was not a nice word. Being a homeschool mamma, I taught him alternatives.

Then Tuesday's sounded like this, "I loathe co-op. I really abhor it." A few weeks into our dislike of the word HATE, his co-op preschool teacher told me that Daniel had explained to her (and every child in his class {there were about 20}) that there were better choices for the word hate. Then he went on to list a few that he liked. His list included loath, despise, abhor, dislike, detest, and recoil at.

This brings me to what I am abhorring, and that is ticks!!

I detest ticks. I loath ticks. I despise ticks. I recoil at the thought of a tick on me. Ticks make me mad; they make me cry. I really dislike them!

Today I found a tick on me. It was not just crawling up my leg (no, I was not wearing light colored pants tucked into my socks.) The tick was attached to my abdomen and was having an A negative meal. UGH!

At first I was shocked (oh, how could this happen) and then I was mad. The winning emotion was terror and after a few minutes of crying and screaming (I have to confess I am a wimp when it comes to bugs) Tim was able to remove the tick. I can still see the spot where it was embedded though.

So, what did I learn from today's experience? I am a constant source of amusement for my family and I will never ever make it as an outdoors man. This leads me to wonder; if I am not a country girl (country girls shrug off tick bites) nor am I a city girl (no stilettos and clubbing for me)what kind of girl am I?

I'll leave you to ponder that question - as you may wonder the same thing.

If you are a nervous type or afraid of bugs, scroll down no further. I have posted a photo of different types and sizes of ticks!



I have found that in everything there can be humor and that to educate myself is one way to remove the fear. So, I'll look at the tick drawings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.