Monday, April 30, 2012

Reflections on the Athens Indie Craftsravanganzaa

This past weekend I was privileged to be a part of a new to me show.  The Athens Indie Craftsravanganzaa.  I was surrounded by a variety of talented artists and craftspeople. I met numerous new friends, and was inspired by a fellow vendor to blog about my shows.

One thing I want to say before I begin is that I learn something new at each show. This weekend I learned that I need to be personally responsible for packing the sunscreen.

So, here is my first post show blog!  I hope you enjoy it.

My booth was in a wonderful location with a small creek running behind it.
My Mom, known to many as Nana, got to join us for this festival. She was a trooper and endured a crowded hotel room, HOT weather, and a lack of good walking paths.
The vendor who inspired me to share my thoughts on my blog is Wayne from Whispering Willow. He makes wonderful soaps, lotions, and more.
This is Wayne from Whispering Willow
You can visit his website by clicking here to learn more about his products! Wayne and his wife often are on the road to different festivals therefore I did not get to meet Julia.

My festival neighbors were The Green Cricket and Argentum.

Here I am standing with Cricket.
The Green Cricket can be found at Etsy.  Click here to get to her store.Cricket had some amazing re-purposed sweaters, children's clothing, and painted birds (you can see the birds and the pants in the background.)

My other neighbor was Terra from Argentum.  She had amazing silver jewelry. This was just her second festival and I hope she continues because her wares were pretty cool!  You can check out her Etsy site by clicking here.

Terra is sitting down (she is also wearing one of my tie dye cool tie necklaces.)
 I look forward to my next show at the end of May in scenic downtown Blue Ridge, Georgia.  Come see me on Saturday, May 26!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.