Sunday, May 15, 2011

Exploring Color and Science with Tie Dye


I love to teach people to tie dye. I wish I could teach everyone I meet. But, alas, I cannot. So I figured the next best thing was to write a book to teach about the color and science behind tie dye.

I spend about 5 weeks researching and writing (I needed to make sure what I have been teaching for years was correct) before I got to the point where I needed a cover. That was the hard part (or so I thought.) Once I found the perfect image I had to design the cover.

The hard part for me was getting the text the way I envisioned it in my mind onto my cover. It actually took me about 12 hours and I never got it right. I was sooooo frustrated!

My daughter Melissa got home on Friday and today I asked her to help me. In less than one minute (YES 1 minute) she had it done. I knew she could do it and do it well. Now I know how to do it too!

YEAH Melissa and YEAH me!!!

So, tell your friends about my book. They can have fun and keep mentally active this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Tina! That is awesome! Where are your girls in school?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.