Friday, November 18, 2011

To Dance Once More

To Dance Once More by Sherri Wilson Johnson is the story of Lydia Barrington. Set in the 1880's south, this sweet story reminds me of a cross between a Jeanette Oke, Martha Finley, and Grace Livingston Hill novel.


Lydia is the youngest child in her family and longs for adventure but she almost lets love pass her by. Just like girls of the 2000's, she chafes at restrictions placed on her by her parents. Throughout it all though, she looks to her Lord to uphold her.

I enjoyed this book. It held my attention for several days; one of which I read late into the night. I loved the Elsie Dinsmore series and all of the heroines in Jeanette Oke's novels. Now I can add Lydia to my list of uplifting characters. I really liked that her character had spunk and struggled with the notion that she had to comform.

If you like Grace Livingston Hill, Jeanette Oke, Martha Finley, or other writers of Christian romance; check out Sherri Johnson.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment. If you are having difficulty you can email me at Tina@tinastiedye.com. Have a wonderful day.